(3) Zip tie the arches together at the top by placing a zip tie loosely around the middle arch and then zip tying the lower and upper arches to the zip tie placed around the middle arch. Pull all zip ties tight. Rotate the zip ties so that the pointed ends are down.
(4) Cut the greenhouse film to size. A little bigger is O.K. Triple hexagon, 13' x 14 '; double hexagon, 12' x 13'; triple square, 12' x 12'; double square, 11' x 11'.
(5)Place the greenhouse film evenly over the arches. In a hexagon, the longest side runs from one corner to the other corner.
(6) Use the garden clips to hold the greenhouse film to the arches. Fold the greenhouse film and use the clips to make a tight seal.
(7) Your micro greenhouse will rapidly heat up in the sun and will quickly cook your plants. Be ready to vent excess heat by lifting up the cover at one or two corners and clipping it to the arches.
Difficulty Level: medium / low
Ratcheting PVC Pipe Cutter
Polyethylene greenhouse film, UV-protected, size below
3/4" irrigation pipe, flexible black polyethylene, one (1) 50 foot roll
zip ties, black, 10-12 inches long (2-3)
garden clips, for 3/4" poly or EMT (6-12)
(1) Cut the 3/4" irrigation pipe into sections with the PVC pipe cutter:
triple hexagon: three (3) sections, each 13 feet 8 inches long
double hexagon: three (3) sections, each 12 feet 8 inches long
triple square: two (2) sections, each 11 feet 8 inches long
double square: two (2) sections, each 11 feet long
(2) Place the ends of each irrigation pipe section fully into the connector tube at opposite corners of your Instagarden®, to form three overlapping arches. If one of your arches is longer or shorter than the others, rearrange the arches so that the shortest is on the bottom and the longest is on the top.